Work at Radio Skid Row
Radio Skid Row are hiring a Bookkeeper
Job Description – Bookkeeper Radio Skid Row
- ● Permanent part time position
- ● 6 hours per week at $37 per hour
ABOUT RADIO SKID ROW
Radio Skid Row 88.9FM is a non-for-profit, community run radio station located in the Inner West of Sydney. Our focus is amplifying the voices of diverse and marginalized individuals with a strong emphasis on supporting social justice and human rights. We broadcast in 17 languages, reaching a wide range of CaLD (culturally and linguistically diverse) communities.
Radio Skid Row offers the opportunity for flexible working conditions in a dynamic and genuinely diverse team. We strongly encourage members of Black, Indigenous and Ethnic communities to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will include coordination in budget development with external accountants, the finance committee and content budget managers: using Xero for monthly reporting.
- Experienced in processing sales and purchases fortnightly in accounting software (Xero)
- Process membership and supporter payments (Paypal)
- Maintain financial and membership records – to be developed.
- Produce monthly financial reports: check and lock previous month, EOM adjustments
- Liaise with Accountants, Finance Committee, President, Content Budget Managers as necessary with view to Monthly budget meetings (with staff and finance committee to be involved)
- Liaise with Auditor and implement any audit recommendations
- Maintain stock records
- Bank cash
- Payroll administration – prepare Fortnightly pay runs, including Superannuation and BAS
For all enquiries – Contact Lauren Booker email@example.com or talk with your favourite Board member.
In addition to our dedicated volunteers, Radio Skid Row has a small team of part-time staff who support the essential running of the station. Check out current staff in our ‘About’ section.